Aging naturally causes volume loss in some areas of the skin. Collagen and elastin production begins to drop off, and even our bones undergo structural changes. This process causes the sagging skin, jowls, laugh lines, thinning lips, and loss of volume in the apples of our cheeks.
Juvederm® products offset these changes, giving your face a younger, healthier, and more rested look. To counter signs of aging on your mouth and eyes, try Juvederm Volbella® XC. It can add volume to lips, smooth vertical lines around your mouth, and correct under-eye circles and bags.
What Is Juvederm Volbella® XC?
Juvederm Volbella® XC is an injectable gel dermal filler used by clinicians since 2016. It contains hyaluronic acid to plump up your facial tissues and lidocaine to minimize swelling and discomfort.
Clinicians inject this long-lasting gel under the surface of your skin using an ultra-fine needle. The gel plumps up your skin from within, smoothing lines and wrinkles and adding definition to your features. It also draws water into the area, which further magnifies its effects.
Since Volbella® is a relatively thin and pliable substance, it provides a subtler and more natural effect than other fillers. As a result, it is ideal for delicate facial areas, like lip- and under-eye skin.
What Is Juvederm Volbella® XC Used For?
When initially introduced to the dermatology world several years ago, clinicians touted the Juvederm Volbella® XC lips enhancement potential. Since then, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) expanded approval for the use of Juvederm Volbella® XC under eyes.
Our board-certified practitioners use Juvederm Volbella® to treat issues including:
- Thin lips: Collagen depletion is noticeable in our lips as we age. Volbella® delivers thinning lips subtle volume while defining your lip edges.
- Vertical lip lines: Volbella® smooths perioral lines, the vertical lip lines common in smokers, though they can also appear in non-smokers.
- Dark under-eye circles: Loss of volume in the tissue under your eyes can lead to a hollow, sunken appearance and shadows that create dark circles. Volbella® reduces these shadows by filling in the thinning areas.
- Under-eye bags: Weakening muscles around your eyes cause your lower eyelid to droop over time. Volbella® supports and evens out this tissue to minimize the appearance of under-eye bags.
Is Juvederm Volbella® XC Safe?
Juvederm Volbella® XC has been studied by the FDA and found to be safe and effective for use as a lip and under-eye dermal filler. Its main active ingredient, hyaluronic acid, is a natural substance already present in your body.
In clinical studies, mild side effects from Juvederm Volbella® XC lips and under-eye injections occurred about the same frequency as in the control group. However, these effects were temporary, usually subsiding within four weeks.
The most common side effects found at the injection site included:
How Long Does Juvederm Volbella® XC Last?
Juvederm Volbella® fillers use a state-of-the-art technology that allows them to last longer than the usual three- to six-month time frame expected with other dermal fillers.
Therefore, when you receive treatments for Juvederm Volbella® XC under eyes, you can expect the results to persist for about a year. The same is true for lip treatments.
The results don’t suddenly dissipate. Instead, they fade at around the one-year mark as your body gradually absorbs the filler. Touch-up treatments, often using smaller doses than your original fill, can allow you to regain the lost volume for an additional year.
To optimize your results and make your Juvederm Volbella® XC injections last longer, follow your doctor or practitioner’s post-treatment guidelines. These may include instructions to:
- Avoid massaging or itching the treated area immediately after your injections.
- Gently apply ice packs if needed to relieve discomfort or reduce swelling.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol or exercising strenuously for six to 10 hours after fillers.
- Postpone your tanning, waxing, or any other activity that will deliver heat to the area. You can resume these activities once any redness and swelling have subsided.
- Avoid ibuprofen, aspirin, or other medications that interfere with clotting. As an alternative, you can take acetaminophen for pain if necessary.
Juvederm Volbella® XC Dermal Fillers in Encino, CA
Are your thinning lips, perioral lines, or under-eye bags and shadows making you look older than you feel? Juvederm Volbella® XC can provide a long-term, safe, and effective solution to these common aging challenges.
Find out how this innovative treatment offered at Glow Aesthetic Center in Encino can help you look younger and feel more confident. Our board-certified practitioners will design a personalized plan based on your unique needs. Call or contact us online to schedule your free consultation today!
Before and After
See how other clients have benefitted from Juvederm® lip injections. Results and patient experience may vary.