JUVÉDERM VOLLURE XC
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC minimizes moderate to severe laugh lines and wrinkles by plumping these wrinkles around your mouth and nose to give you natural-looking results that last up to 18 months.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC is the very first and still the only hyaluronic acid dermal filler that the FDA has approved to minimize moderate to severe wrinkles and folds like nasolabial folds that lasts up to 18 months.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC uses the same Vycross technology that has been so successful for JUVÉDERM Voluma™ XC, JUVÉDERM®’s product that fills in cheek depressions, and JUVÉDERM Volbella™, which is used for lip plumping. But now, JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC has been approved by the FBA to use that Vycross technology to minimize nasolabial folds, the most requested skin treatment area.
- In clinical studies, JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC has been shown to last up to 18 months in the majority of participants. This is a breakthrough! No other dermal filler has been shown to last this long in nasolabial folds.
JUVÉDERM VOLLURE is for moderate to severe lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth, such as:
- Laugh lines (also called parentheses lines)
- Marionette lines
- Horizontal chin lines
- Laugh lines show around your mouth and nose even when your face is resting. As we age, our skin begins to lose some of its youthful aspects and structure due to the lessening in collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid production.
What Are the Differences Between VOLLURE and VOLUMA?
- VOLLURE™ is used to maintain your great results. In addition, it features a molecular weight that was designed for the cheeks.
- VOLUMA® has a slightly heavier weight than VOLLURE™, with slightly less elasticity. Because you do not move your cheeks repeatedly like you move your mouth, a heavier filler is perfect for cheek augmentation.
- In 2013, JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC was approved in Europe as JUVÉDERM VOLIFT®. JUVÉDERM® products are sold worldwide in over 80 countries.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC plumps cheek skin to replace volume loss due to aging, giving you a younger look.
- Aging is not only visible due to lines and wrinkles. As we age, our cheeks lose their volume and the cheek skin starts to sag. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is engineered to restore volume under the skin to raise and contour your cheeks.
- At 6 months following treatment, patients in a clinical study said they looked as much as 5 years younger.
How Long Will It Last?
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is the only filler that has been shown to last up to 2 years.
- When retreated after 2 years, most patients required a lower dose of the gel to get the same great results.
- Hyaluronic acid, which is a sugar naturally occurring in skin, helps give a slipperiness to joint spaces. Hyaluronic acid’s purpose is to absorb water, pass on nutrients, and help cushion skin. An injection of hyaluronic acid creates a sponge-like effect; it draws in moisture and then expands, smoothing out folds and wrinkles and filling depressions in skin.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC was the first hyaluronic acid dermal filler approved by the FDA that is engineered for those looking to increase the volume of the cheek’s 3 main areas: the apple, the apex, and the hollow.
- With hyaluronic acid, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC brings a rejuvenated, young look and plumper cheeks.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC does not source its hyaluronic acid from animals, so no allergy testing is necessary before treatment.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is safe for all skin colors and skin types and will not cause hypertrophic scars or hyperpigmentation.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is the best treatment for people who want a long-lasting, natural-looking option to plump up their hollow cheeks.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is made by Allergan, among the most respected brands in medical beauty.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC Results
- Virtually all of our patients see results right away, greater volume in the cheeks and a youthful lift.
- Results last up to 2 years.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC Side Effects
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC has mild side effects that are short in duration, like redness, itching, bruising, tenderness, and swelling. They subside within 2 to 4 weeks.
- Nearly all patients are able to go right back to their daily activities after treatment.
- For 1 to 2 days following treatment, we recommend that patients stay away from exercise, heat, and direct sunlight.