JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus
JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus is thicker than Juvederm Ultra. Clinicians use it to improve the most severe wrinkles, the deepest nasolabial folds and marionette lines, and to fill depressions in cheeks. It can be used as a “liquid facelift” in order to sculpt facial contours. JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC is the same formula except for the addition of the local anesthetic, lidocaine, to lessen discomfort during the treatment.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC are made with hyaluronic acid, which is a sugar naturally occurring in skin; it helps give a slipperiness to joint spaces. Hyaluronic acid’s purpose is to absorb water, pass on nutrients, and help cushion skin. An injection of hyaluronic acid creates a sponge-like effect; it draws in moisture and then expands, smoothing out folds and wrinkles and filling depressions in skin.
In addition, JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC are thicker than Restalyne or Belotero, and are injected into deeper skin layers because they were created to correct more severe folds and wrinkles.
Who Should Try JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus?
- Patients with any skin color or skin type will likely see results, but they are best for anyone who wants to minimize deep folds and wrinkles or plump up moderate to severe skin depressions.
Reasons to Avoid JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus:
- If you have had anaphylaxis or other severe allergic reactions to JUVÉDERM® products, do not use these products. If you have a lidocaine allergy, do not use JUVÉDERM® products. If you are allergic to the Gram-positive bacterial proteins found in JUVÉDERM® products, do not use these products.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not use dermal fillers.
- Are you taking blood thinners—medications that lessen your blood’s ability to clot (e.g. ibuprofen, aspirin, warfarin, and others)? Inform your doctor because you may have more bleeding and/or bruising at the JUVÉDERM® injection site.
What Happens During a JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus Treatment?
After a consultation with a clinician that will include your complete health history as well as an examination, the clinician will clean the injection sites with an alcohol swab; this step helps prevent infection.Your clinician may prepare your skin with a topical anesthetic and/or an ice pack to aid in the numbing of the injection sites before treatment. A micro-needle is inserted, JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus is injected through it, and then the clinician sculpts the JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus by hand to direct it into the correct areas, giving you the best possible results.
How Long Does the Treatment Take?
- 15 to 40 minutes.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC Results
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus’s effects are usually visible right away. However, the hyaluronic acid in JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus pulls moisture into the treatment area and boosts collagen production. This process takes a little time, so patients often see more improvement in the days following treatment.
- In fact, most patients do not need more injections for 6 to 12 months, which is why JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus is a convenient, lower-cost option to rejuvenate your face.
- To maintain your results, 1 to 2 treatments a year is recommended, although your need for maintenance injections may become less frequent, and your doses smaller because the creation of new collagen creates long-term benefits.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus Recovery
- Treatment with JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus is an outpatient procedure. Nearly all patients are able to go right back to their daily activities after treatment.
- For 1 to 2 days following treatment, we recommend that patients stay away from exercise, heat, and direct sunlight.
- Swelling and mild discomfort can occur following treatment, but most patients are able to manage that.
Before and After
*RESULTS AND PATIENT EXPERIENCE MAY VARY.
What our patients say
Glow Med Spa has a client for life because of Mastaneh and Liz! I had an incredible experience getting Juvederm for my laugh lines and lips because of those two lovely ladies who kept me at ease! I keep getting comments that I look so young and I look like a Barbie but no one knows what exactly changed because I look so natural! I am in love with the results but more than anything the process Mastaneh used was so helpful for me– I did 3 visits over a period of two months so I was able to monitor the difference and not go overboard. That helped me be comfortable with the process and control the results. I can’t wait to do my eye filler and cheeks! Thank you Mastaneh for your expert artistry! Thank you Liz for being so hospitable!