Juvederm Ultra Plus | Encino
JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus is thicker than Juvederm Ultra. Clinicians use it to improve the most severe wrinkles, the deepest nasolabial folds and marionette lines, and to fill depressions in cheeks. It can be used as a “liquid facelift” in order to sculpt facial contours. JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus XC is the same formula except for the addition of the local anesthetic, lidocaine, to lessen discomfort during the treatment.
JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus and JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus XC are made with hyaluronic acid, which is a sugar naturally occurring in skin; it helps give a slipperiness to joint spaces. Hyaluronic acid’s purpose is to absorb water, pass on nutrients, and help cushion skin. An injection of hyaluronic acid creates a sponge-like effect; it draws in moisture and then expands, smoothing out folds and wrinkles and filling depressions in skin.
In addition, JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus and JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus XC are thicker than Restalyne or Belotero, and are injected into deeper skin layers because they were created to correct more severe folds and wrinkles.
Who Should Try JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus?
- Patients with any skin color or skin type will likely see results, but they are best for anyone who wants to minimize deep folds and wrinkles or plump up moderate to severe skin depressions.
Reasons to Avoid JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus:
- If you have had anaphylaxis or other severe allergic reactions to JUVÉDERM products, do not use these products. If you have a lidocaine allergy, do not use JUVÉDERM products. If you are allergic to the Gram-positive bacterial proteins found in JUVÉDERM products, do not use these products.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not use dermal fillers.
- Are you taking blood thinners—medications that lessen your blood’s ability to clot (e.g. ibuprofen, aspirin, warfarin, and others)? Inform your doctor because you may have more bleeding and/or bruising at the JUVÉDERM® injection site.
What Happens During a JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus Treatment?
After a consultation with a clinician that will include your complete health history as well as an examination, the clinician will clean the injection sites with an alcohol swab; this step helps prevent infection. Your clinician may prepare your skin with a topical anesthetic and/or an ice pack to aid in the numbing of the injection sites before treatment. A micro-needle is inserted, JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus is injected through it, and then the clinician sculpts the JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus by hand to direct it into the correct areas, giving you the best possible results.
How Long Does the Juvederm Treatment Take?
- 15 to 40 minutes.
JUVÉDERM Ultra XC Results
- JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus’s effects are usually visible right away. However, the hyaluronic acid in JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus pulls moisture into the treatment area and boosts collagen production. This process takes a little time, so patients often see more improvement in the days following treatment.
- In fact, most patients do not need more injections for 6 to 12 months, which is why JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus is a convenient, lower-cost option to rejuvenate your face.
- To maintain your results, 1 to 2 treatments a year is recommended, although your need for maintenance injections may become less frequent, and your doses smaller because the creation of new collagen creates long-term benefits.
JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus Recovery
- Treatment with JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus is an outpatient procedure. Nearly all patients are able to go right back to their daily activities after treatment.
- For 1 to 2 days following treatment, we recommend that patients stay away from exercise, heat, and direct sunlight.
- Swelling and mild discomfort can occur following treatment, but most patients are able to manage that.