Botox results tend to be better and last longer when you have a personalized treatment plan specific to your needs and body type as well as a healthy lifestyle. It’s also important to engage in proper skin care and maintenance, such as avoiding or minimizing direct sun exposure.
When you come to Glow Aesthetic Center, our medical team will consult with you and create a treatment plan designed just for you and your beauty goals. Book your appointment today by clicking our Book an Appointment tab at the top of the page. You can also call our office for more information at (818) 905-8815.
What to Avoid Immediately After Your Botox Treatment
To cut back on the risk of swelling, bruising, or redness at the injection sites, make sure to avoid the following activities in the days following your Botox treatment.
- Facial massages
- Strenuous activity (such as intense exercises)
- Medicines with anti-inflammatory properties
- Hot showers or baths
- Drinking alcoholic beverages
Proper Skin Care Procedures Post-Botox
It’s okay to use your usual moisturizers, exfoliators, and other skincare products after the initial swelling or slight discomfort from the Botox injections has gone away.
You should also take care to avoid direct sunlight when possible. Sunlight not only can cause melanoma, but it harms your skin and creates additional wrinkles. Use a wide-brimmed hat and sufficient sunscreen for your skin type if you must venture outdoors for extended periods during the brightest, hottest hours.
Healthy Habits that Help Your Skin
Botox is all about reducing wrinkles, smoothing your skin, and preserving your youthful glow. Cultivating healthy habits can also help by lessening ongoing damage to your skin.
- Stop smoking. Smoking causes wrinkles by narrowing your blood vessels and preventing the proper flow of nutrients to your skin cells. Add that to the long list of negative consequences associated with the habit.
- Eat healthy foods. Food like walnuts, avocados, fatty acids from fish, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, and much more can all increase the nutrients supplied to your skin cells. Better diets directly affect the results of your Botox treatment.
- Avoid oils. When using skin care products, select ones that don’t use oils as their primary ingredient. Oil can buildup, leading to uneven skin tones, acne, and other skin issues, and while this doesn’t necessarily undo the results of your Botox treatment, it can have a negative effect on your self-image.
Schedule Your Consultation for Botox Treatments
Let’s get started designing a Botox treatment regimen specifically for you and your body. At Glow Aesthetic Center, we tailor all of our procedures to each client so that you experience the best possible results. Click the Book an Appointment tab above or call our office at (818) 905-8815 to schedule your consultation.