Laser hair removal
Laser vein removal
Laser nail fungus
As we age, our skin produces less collagen causing it to lose softness and volume.
As volume declines, wrinkles and lines deepen. Without treatment, deep hollows and wrinkles progressively worsen. Many people have turned to lasers to counter this cosmetic challenge.
In fact, laser facials are among the most sought-after non-surgical treatments for refining your skin’s appearance and health.
We offer a laser facial treatment in Encino, CA, utilizing our state-of-the-art Quanta 4v Nd:YAG laser to treat blemishes like age spots, acne, and wrinkles. Our laser facial is non-invasive and uses a cutting-edge process to stimulate your skin’s collagen production.
What Is a Laser Facial Treatment?
A laser facial is a skin-tightening treatment that provides a safe and effective method of evening skin tone while stimulating collagen production. It is perfect for anyone looking to heighten the clarity of their skin.
A laser facial treatment turns back the hands of time by signaling your skin to produce more collagen during its healing process, which stops fine lines from forming.
Clinicians can do this technique with various lasers; however, our Quanta 4v is less invasive and needs less recovery time than other laser types.
During the procedure, you won’t experience pain. Instead, you’ll feel warmth on the targeted area. That heat on your skin’s surface moves into the deeper layers of skin, triggering collagen production. The laser’s heat also reduces redness due to dilated capillaries.
What Types of Skin Problems Does a Laser Facial Treat?
Our next-level facials don’t just bring a youthful look back to aging skin. Consider undergoing laser treatment for face conditions including:
- Acne scars
- Enlarged pores
- Broken capillaries
- Brown age spots
During a laser facial treatment, you’ll feel your blemishes fade away in the laser’s soft warmth, giving you young, glowing skin. This subtle treatment fades blemishes naturally instead of erasing them in a way that could be noticeable to others.
How Does a Laser Facial Work?
A laser facial treatment diminishes wrinkles, scars, and blemishes using a sequence of short light pulses into the targeted site, gradually removing the epidermis (the skin’s outer layer). It simultaneously stimulates the dermis (the second skin layer), which triggers new collagen cell production.
This form of facial laser treatment is popular because it’s safe and can be performed on nearly any skin type. It can also be used beneath the eyes, reducing inflammation and lightening discoloration.
Care Instructions for Laser Facials
You will likely experience a mild sunburn-like effect following your treatments. Additionally, your skin might sting and may feel itchy with redness and swelling. Here are ways to prepare for treatments, ease symptoms, and care for your skin following treatments.
Before Your Treatment
To prepare for your appointment for a laser facial treatment in Encino, CA:
- Discuss your treatment plans with your doctor and work with them to help you avoid topical medications (whether prescribed or over-the-counter) for three days before your laser session.
- If you have oral herpes, begin a course of antiviral medication one to two days before your appointment to prevent an outbreak following your treatment. Discuss with your healthcare provider; you may need to take your medication three to five days after treatment.
- Remove all makeup and sunscreen from the treatment area before your appointment.
- Stay out of the sun! Avoid sunshine and tanning beds along with spray tanning and self-tanning products. Be sure to apply a thin layer of sunscreen to the treatment site. There is a greater chance of adverse side effects for tan skin. You may have to reschedule the treatment.
- Be sure to inform us if you are taking antibiotics or other photosensitive medications. If this is the case, you may have to reschedule your appointment.
Treating Your Symptoms
You may receive a topical anesthetic to block pain during your laser facial treatment; however, you may experience a degree of discomfort when the anesthetic wears off, causing pain to persist for several days. Here are ways to address your:
- Redness or pain:
- Place a thin cloth like a dish towel between your skin and an ice pack to reduce any redness, minor burns, or pain. Use the ice for three to five-minute intervals for one to two hours.
- Apply Aquaphor®, Vaseline®, or 1% hydrocortisone to the treatment area no more than three times daily (or as prescribed by your doctor) until your symptoms abate.
- Itching or swelling:
- Take Allegra®, oral liquid Benadryl®, or Claritin® as needed for up to seven days. You can also take these before subsequent treatments, in addition to applying Vaseline® or Aquaphor®.
- Keep microcrusting areas moist with ointments or lotions like Aquaphor® or Vaseline®, and avoid scratching, picking, or washing the area aggressively.
Rarely have infections occurred following a laser facial procedure. However, if you witness infection-like symptoms including drainage, extreme inflammation, pus, fever, or smelly discharge in the treatment area, call our office immediately.
After Your Treatment
To improve the results of your laser facial procedure:
- Avoid swimming in salt or chlorinated water for at least three days.
- Do not scrub or rub the treated area for a minimum of one week.
- Stop using products including astringents, toners, retinoids, harsh soaps, retinol, medicated body washes, scrubs, peels, or other exfoliating products for a week following treatment. This is because they can irritate the treated area.
- Steer clear of hot baths for three weeks. Instead, take lukewarm or cool showers.
- When you dry off, gently pat your face with your towel.
- Moisturize your face with Vaseline® or Aquaphor® three times a day for at least two days to reduce irritation.
- Avoid tanning beds and direct sun. When you go outside, apply an SPF 50 or above sunblock.
More than one laser facial treatment, often three to eight weeks apart, may be necessary; however, you may need to come in sooner to allow your board-certified licensed practitioner to assess the treated area. Make sure to keep up your follow-up appointments to improve your results.
Turn to Glow Aesthetic Center for the Best Laser Facial
It makes a difference who performs your laser facial. In the hands of a knowledgeable, highly trained professional, laser treatments are a safe method of dramatically improving the appearance of your face.
The team at Glow Aesthetic Center, led by Dr. Homan Siman, has been performing a range of beauty and wellness treatments for more than 25 years. In addition to laser treatment for face conditions, we offer laser hair removal, laser vein removal, and laser nail fungus treatments.
To learn more about laser treatment in Encino, CA, give us a call or complete our online contact form, and someone will get back to you.
*RESULTS AND PATIENT EXPERIENCE MAY VARY.
Book an appointment with Glow Aesthetic Center by calling at: