Many of us find ourselves in a never-ending battle with our unwanted hair. Unfortunately, hair removal treatments like waxing, shaving, and depilatory creams take too much effort and time and often don’t work well enough. Happily, it doesn’t need to be this way.
As the leaders in laser treatment for hair removal in Encino, CA, we can help end your long-fought war, giving you a near-permanent solution to hair reduction. No more shaving, waxing, or depilatory creams—our premium laser hair removal treatment will provide you with the sleek, smooth skin you’ve dreamed of.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser treatment for hair removal is a low-risk, non-invasive procedure designed to remove undesirable body hair. Today, it’s become one of the most widespread aesthetic procedures performed in the U.S.
Laser treatment for hair removal is a good option for individuals:
- Looking to remove unwanted body or facial hair that prevents you from wearing specific clothing or that makes you feel self-conscious.
- Seeking an alternative to electrolysis, bleaching, shaving, or waxing.
- Wanting an effective method for removing or reducing hair from small and large areas of your body.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal uses the principle of selective photothermolysis, which couples a distinct light wavelength and pulse duration to pinpoint the hair follicle while not affecting the surrounding skin.
These lasers remove hairs by damaging hair follicles. This is accomplished by heating the melanin in the hair follicle without heating the skin around it. Because dark objects absorb light, laser light is absorbed by the melanin in the hair follicle at a high intensity.
How Many Laser Hair Removal Treatments Are Needed?
Several treatments, often three to eight weeks apart, are required for the reduction process, but you might need to come in sooner to allow the clinician to assess the treated area.
To keep up with your hair’s typical growth cycle, be sure to keep your follow-up appointments because this will significantly improve your results.
It Depends on Skin Type and Hair Texture
The specific number of laser treatments will depend on your skin type, age, your hair’s texture, thickness, and the amount of hair in your treatment area. Your hormone fluctuations may also impact your hair growth.
It Depends on Your Hair’s Growth Rate
Additionally, all body hair grows in different stages. The growth state is called the anagen phase, and at any moment, nearly 15 to 20% will be growing in this active stage. During your treatment, your active-stage hair will undergo treatments and shed.
However, hair in the telogen and catagen phases (resting and transitional stages) will not have surfaced above the scalp. Therefore, you may need more than one treatment session over several weeks or months.
Hair Removal Laser Treatment for All Skin Types
We proudly use the Quanta 4v light system, a superior combination of the FDA-approved Alexandrite and Nd:YAG lasers.
Some spas use IPL or Diode lasers, but Alexandrite lasers are simply better. During selective photothermolysis, Alexandrite lasers focus on the melanin in your hair follicle, keeping the surrounding skin safe.
The Alexandrite Laser
The Quanta 4v’s Alexandrite laser releases a 755 nanometer (nm) wavelength ray that targets your hair follicle‘s melanin and protects your skin.
The Nd:YAG Laser
The Quanta 4v’s Nd:YAG laser emits a longer wavelength at 1064 nm, which works best on people with dark or deeply tanned skin.
Because of these breakthroughs in laser technology, Glow Aesthetic Center Encino can offer a safe, pain-free laser hair removal treatment experience without irritation or discomfort—you will only experience a cool tingle.
Preparing for Your Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Your doctor or board-certified practitioner will likely provide you with instructions for you to follow before your appointment. Following these guidelines will help you reduce side effects and improve the effectiveness of your procedure.
Here are typical recommendations you may receive following your laser treatment for hair removal:
- Do not wax, tweeze, bleach, or perform electrolysis for a minimum of six weeks before your treatment.
- Do not use hair removal creams including Neet or Nair for a minimum of two weeks before your treatment.
- Twelve hours before treatment, shave the treatment area in the direction that it grows. For places you feel awkward about shaving, and with finer hairs, trim them with scissors close to the skin.
- Avoid the sun! Avoid casual sunshine and tanning beds. Also, avoid self-tanning products and spray tanning. Use sunscreen on the treatment site. If your skin catches too much sun, you may have to reschedule your treatment appointment.
- Remove sunscreen and makeup from the treatment area before your appointment. You can reapply following treatment.
- If you have oral herpes, you begin an antiviral medication 24 to 48 hours before your appointment to prevent an outbreak from occurring after your treatment. You will also need to take the medication for three to five days following treatment.
- Anesthetic cream is available; however, you must apply it 30 minutes before your appointment time, so you will need to arrive at the center 30 minutes early.
- If you are taking antibiotics or any other medications that can cause photosensitivity. be sure to tell us right away. Your appointment might need to be rescheduled.
- Laser hair removal has not been studied in pregnant or breastfeeding patients. Be sure to inform us of your health status and to cancel or reschedule your appointment as needed.
- Reschedule your appointment if you have a social or work commitment that might interfere with your recovery time.
After Laser Hair Removal
The recovery time following your treatment session will be minimal. In fact, most clients go back to their everyday lives right after. Your doctor or healthcare provider may recommend the following after your laser treatment for hair removal:
- Wear a moisturizing sunblock on the treatment area with a minimum of SPF 45.
- Do not bathe in hot water, either in a bathtub or hot tub. Take cool or tepid showers and avoid scrubbing your treated skin. Pat your treated skin dry.
- Use Aquaphor® or Vaseline® to moisturize the treated area three times a day for three to four days. These will lessen both skin irritation and the possibility of folliculitis.
- Do not swim in any body of water for a minimum of three days.
- Avoid the sun and tanning beds. If you must be outside, wear sunblock.
- Avoid exercising or undergoing any dynamic activity that can raise your body temperature or make you sweat for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid beauty products that may aggravate the treatment area for at least seven days. This includes toner, astringents, medicated face or body washes, retinol or retinoids, peels, harsh soaps, scrubs, or other exfoliating agents, and do not rub or scrub the treatment site.
- Use ice packs and a thin dish towel between your skin and the pack. This will help reduce redness, swelling, or minor burns. Use them for intervals of up to five minutes for one to two hours.
- Take oral liquid including Benadryl®, Allegra®, or Claritin®, which are all available without a prescription.
If you notice micro-crusting in the treated area, don’t scrub or rub your skin. Instead, apply Aquaphor® or Vaseline® and call us for more information.
Turn to Glow for Laser Treatment for Hair Removal
Glow Aesthetic Center is a relaxing yet high-tech facility that offers laser treatment for hair removal in Encino, CA. We pair superior service with the innovative Alexandrite and Nd:YAG laser technology to provide a total hair removal solution for any skin tone.
Call us or fill out our online contact form today to schedule a risk-free consultation with one of our highly trained board-certified practitioners. We’ll craft a customized treatment plan especially for you! Virtual consultations are also available through FaceTime and Google Meet.
Before & After Pictures
The even hair-free skin on these before and after photos shows the benefits of laser hair removal to your upper lip, underarm, and lower back.
*RESULTS AND PATIENT EXPERIENCE MAY VARY.
Book an appointment with Glow Aesthetic Center by calling at: