ThermiVa Vaginal Rejuvenation | Encino
ThermiVa, a vaginal rejuvenation treatment, is a new non-surgical temperature controlled radio frequency device for people who experience vaginal laxity, vulvar/vaginal dryness, stress incontinence, low libido, or female orgasmic dysfunction. This treatment has no downtime, uses no hormones, and is non-invasive.
How ThermiVa works
The body produces a protein called collagen, which makes your skin firm and elastic. Birth or natural aging can diminish collagen and cause skin to lose its youthful appearance and elasticity. ThermiVa uses radiofrequency energy applied to skin to stimulate and re-build your body’s collagen.
Excessive relaxation of vaginal muscles is a common occurance attributed to aging or vaginal birth. Damage during intercourse or excessive relaxation of the vaginal walls may decrease sexual satisfaction. Radiofrequency technology is widely used during treatments in aesthetic medicine and dermatology. ThermiVa is a non-invasive treatment delivered at your comfort level and will help keep your vaginal muscles firm and non-elastic.
What is the procedure like?
This treatment is pain-free and typically lasts 30-45 minutes. Most patients say it feels like a warm massage. ThermiVa® delivers electrodes that heat the external labial tissues and vagina, reducing laxity, and providing noticeably softer and smoother skin.
How long will the effects last for ThermiVa?
Clinicians at the Glow Aesthetic Center typically recommend a series of three treatments for the best results that last for 9-12 months. Each treatment is performed about four week apart.
Before your ThermiVa Treatment
Inform your doctor if:
- You are pregnant, have an active urinary tract infection or skin infection, or wound around the area of treatment.
- You have any electronic implants such as a cardiac pacemaker, AICD, defibrillator, mechanical valve.
- You have any implantable devices (such as neuro stimulators, metal IUD, Cochlear implants and metal implants).
Preparing before your ThermiVa Treatment:
- For optimal results, we suggest for the patient to hydrate 24 hours before the treatment.
- Ensure treatment area is clean, dry and free of any make up and lotions.
- All jewelry must be removed before the treatment.
- Please have the area being treated cleanly shaven before your treatment. If the patient does any waxing or laser hair removal treatments on the area being treated, please wait 5-7 days before your ThermiVa treatment as it may cause irritation to the treatment area.
Before & After