Eventually, everyone gets older and experiences cosmetic and aesthetic issues related to the passage of time. Wrinkles, sagging skin, and “crow’s feet” near the corners of the eyes can all dampen our self-esteem and do severe damage to our self-confidence.
Our board-certified practitioners are here to change that. With our BotoxⓇ treatments in Sherman Oaks, you can reduce aging effects and restore your vibrant, youthful look.
Schedule your BotoxⓇ treatment today by calling our office or getting in touch with us through our online contact form.
BotoxⓇ is a neurotoxic substance that is injected into your facial skin. These small doses of a neurotoxin block the pathway between your brain neurons and your facial muscles. This paralyzes your muscles at the site of the injection, preventing contraction and smoothing your skin.
We use three types of botulinum toxins to treat our patients in Sherman Oaks:
- XeominⓇ: Known for being a less expensive option than other cosmetic neurotoxin injections, XeominⓇ is incobotulinumtoxinA. Like its counterparts, it’s used to smooth wrinkles and age lines by temporarily paralyzing underlying muscles.
- DysportⓇ: DysportⓇ is chemically known as abobotulinumtoxinA. Like other neurotoxins we use, DysportⓇ mainly targets face and forehead wrinkles.
- BotoxⓇ: The first and best-known brand name of a botulinum toxin, this injection uses onabotulinumtoxinA.
Is BotoxⓇ Safe?
Though the name comes from botulinum toxin (the same toxin that causes botulism), BotoxⓇ is a safe injection. It has been safely and effectively administered since the FDA first gave the green light for its therapeutic use in 1989.
Healthline reports that there were only 36 cases of patients experiencing adverse side effects from their treatment from 1989 to 2003. Even then, 13 of those cases may have been due to underlying conditions rather than the injection itself.
Our practitioners are board-certified to provide safe, sterile injections for your Sherman Oaks BotoxⓇ procedures.
Sherman Oaks Botox Treatment Near Me 818-905-8815
Botulinum Toxin Uses in Addition to Cosmetic Treatments
There are various ways these neurotoxins are used in the medical sphere, in addition to cosmetic and aesthetic uses. People receive neurotoxin treatments for various disorders, diseases, and other chronic conditions.
- Chronic Migraines: According to the Mayo Clinic, genetics and environmental factors may cause these painful, long-lasting headaches. Since serotonin and other neurotransmitters encourage migraine pain, blocking those transmitters with neurotoxins has demonstrated promise along the path to a cure.
- Hyperhidrosis: This condition is marked by excessive, often extreme sweating even when the sufferer is not hot and has not been particularly active. By injecting botulinum toxins into the underarms of sufferers, doctors have been able to block the chemical that is key to the body’s sweat production.
- Cervical Dystonia: Patients with the rare and painful condition of cervical dystonia suffer from involuntary contractions of the muscles in the neck. BotoxⓇ injections help to relax these muscles by paralyzing them and making them unable to contract.
How Long Does It Take for BotoxⓇ to Take Effect?
The effects of your BotoxⓇ treatment in Sherman Oaks may be seen immediately, or it could take up to five days. Most patients notice a difference within one to three days after their injections.
The degree of improvement you can expect, and the time it takes to happen, will depend on several variables.
- The precise location of the injections
- The quality of your skin’s texture before treatment began
- The number of binding sites in the affected nerves where the injected chemicals can adhere
Book an Appointment with a Beauty Aesthetician now
Get Your Sherman Oaks BotoxⓇ Treatment at Glow Aesthetic Center
When you receive a BotoxⓇ injection, your wrinkles and age lines are taken care of for the next several months. You’ll be able to enjoy your youthful look, feel confident and vibrant, and take pleasure in your appearance again! Then, in a few months, you may need to return to Glow Aesthetic Center for a touchup to look your best once more.
If you are interested in the minimally invasive BotoxⓇ injections in Sherman Oaks that can help smooth the signs of aging, get in touch with us today. Call our office or fill out our online contact form to schedule your consultation. Our medical team, led by Dr. Homan Siman, will help you decide on the type of neurotoxin perfect for your needs.