Are you searching for Xeomin injections in Encino or Los Angeles? If so, we offer effective and safe solutions to help you reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Our experienced and knowledgeable technicians are ready to help you with your needs and ensure you achieve the desired results.
You can contact our office to schedule an appointment and learn more about Xeomin treatment here.
What Is Xeomin?
Xeomin is an innovative treatment to help you achieve a more youthful appearance. It is a botulism toxin that is used as an injectable formula to aid skin rejuvenation. Once applied, the substance will block the mobility of the muscles responsible for your wrinkles – this means they can no longer form!
Unlike other popular fillers used today, it does not target your existing wrinkles by filling them. Instead, it prevents additional frown lines and folds from appearing. The ingredients found in the Xeomin product are the same as those used in Botox treatments; however, they are more purified.
How Does Xeomin Work?
Xeomin treatment is effective when trying to treat several issues. Some of the most common things it is used to treat include the following:
- Cases of sialorrhea (chronic drooling) caused by your salivary glands.
- Muscle stiffness in your arm caused by upper limb spasticity.
- Abnormal head position resulting from cervical dystonia (may also cause neck pain).
- Blepharospasm (eyelid spasms) caused by prior Botox treatments.
If you are trying to decide between Xeomin and Botox treatment, it may be helpful to understand the benefits offered by Xeomin. These include the following:
Proven Clinically Effective
Xeomin is a clinically tested and FDA-approved toxin. It is extremely effective for eliminating and reducing wrinkles and frown lines.
Safer Than Botox Treatments
Since Xeomin is highly purified, the toxin does not contain additional additives. Because of this, it is much safer for you. It also helps to reduce the potential of developing an allergic reaction.
While most people are fully satisfied with the results provided by Xeomin, the treatment is reversible. This means if you do not like the results achieved for smoothly out wrinkles and lines, they can be undone. Also, after the treatment, the results that you achieved can help you determine if you should seek additional treatment.
Xoemin does not require refrigeration. You can easily store and move this product. As a result, it is more convenient and more affordable.
It takes just one to 10 days to see results for most people. The results achieved can last up to four months.
Quick Treatment and Recovery
Xeomin is done as an outpatient procedure. There is very little downtime and it is possible to resume your regular activities and routine right after your session.
Encino Xeomin Treatment Near Me 818-905-8815
Where Can You Inject Xeomin?
Xeomin is an FDA-approved treatment for wrinkles between brows, eyelid spasms, and abnormal head position. Even though the most common uses for this treatment are on the upper portion of the face, other areas of the neck and face may benefit from using this product. Some of the areas where you can inject Xeomin include the following:
- Forehead wrinkles: Small amounts of the product can be injected into the forehead muscle. These muscles are the frontalis, and they will soften any horizontal forehead lines present.
- Crow’s feet: These are the wrinkles around the feet that are seen when you smile or squint.
- Lateral eyebrows: An injection close to the side of your eyebrows can help keep them elevated and provide a more pleasing appearance to the eyebrow and a more “open” look to the upper eyelid.
- Bunny lines: It is possible to soften the wrinkles along the side of your nose when you crinkle it with treatment.
- Gummy smile: If you feel you have a smile that is too “toothy,” the treatment can be used by injecting small amounts of the product.
- Vertical lip lines: You can treat small lines around your mouth caused by smoking or speaking.
- Downturned mouth: Small amounts of the product can be used to help correct the downturned corners of the mouth. This helps you create a smile that is at rest rather than something that looks like a scowl.
- Pebbled chin: A pebbled or wrinkly chin can be improved by using small amounts of the product.
- Undefined jawline or neck wrinkles: The muscle in the neck is the platysma. As time passes, the muscle can separate, which causes platysmal bands. It is possible to inject Xeomin along the jawline and neck to help smooth these bands and even lift the jawline.
- Jaw reduction: The muscle on the side of the jawline, called the masseter, is bigger in some people. It can cause the face to appear square and the jaw to appear big. With small amounts of Xeomin in the sides of the cheeks, it will soften the look of the jawline.
- Bell’s Palsy: This is a facial paralysis condition that many factors can cause. Xeomin can be used to help achieve better face symmetry.
- Blepharospasm or hemifacial spasm: This condition results in uncontrolled twitching and contraction of the face of eyelids, which can be improved with this treatment.
- Excess sweating of the feet, hands, or underarms: Xeomin can be used to reduce excessive sweatiness.
Who Can Get Xeomin?
There are no set requirements for those who are eligible to receive Xeomin injectables. While this is true, you should let your technician know if you suffer from any of these medical conditions:
- Bleeding issues
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Breathing difficulties
- Swallowing challenges
- Drooping eyelids
- Muscular disease
- Former or possible facial surgery
- Side effects from prior use of botulinum toxin injectable products
- Nerve disease
Book an Appointment with a practitioner now
Expected Results of Xeomin
While most people experience positive results from using Xeomin, there are some potential side effects to be aware of. These side effects include the following:
- Dry mouth
- Allergic reaction to the ingredients
- Muscle weakness
- Discomfort at the injection site
- Eye issues
- Neck pain
How Long Does Xeomin Last?
Xeomin has been recorded as providing results for up to three months. The results may disappear faster, though, if your facial muscles are stronger, if you are undergoing your first treatment, or if a long amount of time has passed since your last Xeomin treatment.
If you have smaller or weaker facial muscles or invest in Xeomin injections regularly, then the results may last for up to five months. We recommend that you schedule any upcoming treatments three months ahead of time, which will help you achieve the best possible results.
Preparing for a Xeomin Treatment and Aftercare
If you have scheduled your Xeomin treatment, there are a few things to remember. For example, you should not have any social or work obligations scheduled directly after your treatment. Before your treatment, you must stop taking any supplements or medications (including NSAIDs and fish oil). If you continue to take these, they may increase the likelihood of swelling, bruising, and bleeding at the injection site.
You should not consume alcohol for at least 24 hours before your procedure. This can cause blood thinning effects. Before your appointment, it is recommended that you eat something and avoid caffeine. This will help you avoid feeling lightheaded during the treatment.
Be sure to wash your face before your appointment, and do not wear makeup.
Also, right after your injection, you may notice nodules, which are temporary. Usually, these will disappear after just a few minutes.
Proper post-treatment care is essential to achieve the best possible results. You may feel dry or itchy after the treatment from the alcohol used to clean the injection area. It is wise to use a moisturizer or even Vaseline to help alleviate this discomfort.
You should avoid scratching or rubbing the injection site. This will prevent inflammation. You should also avoid direct sunlight and heat, as this may slow down the toxins in Xeomin from binding.
You may experience a moderate headache after the treatment. This is common and should subside after just 36 hours. This headache results from the needle piercing your skin, not from the Xeomin. You may notice small bruises after treatment; but these will vanish after a few days and can be easily covered with makeup.
Visit Glow Aesthetic Center in Encino, Los Angeles for your next Xeomin treatment.