Compare an apple to a peach, and you’ll instantly notice one difference: the smooth skin of the apple gives it a delicious shine, while the peach is covered in a fine fuzz that leaves its skin looking dull. Likewise, the skin of your face may be dulled by what dermatologists call fine vellus hair, otherwise known as “peach fuzz.”
To help you attain that apple-smooth complexion, our clinic offers dermaplane treatment in Encino, CA. Dermaplaning treatment removes the fine hairs and spent skin cells on your skin’s outer layer. This process reveals the newer and brighter skin that was hidden just beneath the surface.
What Is a Dermaplaning Treatment?
A dermaplaning facial treatment is a physical exfoliation procedure, which means it uses friction rather than chemicals to abrade your skin’s outer surface gently. It removes the dull, rough exterior so your beauty can shine through.
With an ultra-fine, surgical-grade blade, one of our board-certified practitioners will exfoliate your epidermis to eliminate fine vellus hair and dead skin cells. The tool is more rigid and precise than typical razors, so it impacts the skin rather than just gliding over the surface.
What Does Dermaplaning Do?
Dermaplaning provides a fast and safe solution to several dermatological issues. It combines powerful effectiveness and gentle action to:
- Smooth away the roughness and redness of embarrassing acne scars
- Soften the bothersome dry complexion that makes you look older than you feel
- Remove the accumulated dead skin cells that cause blemishes and fine lines
- Unveil your sleek, glowing face by clearing away your skin’s top layer
Who Can Benefit from Dermaplaning?
Almost anyone who wants smoother, brighter skin can benefit from a dermaplaning treatment. It is excellent for patients who:
- Are pregnant
- Want a chemical-free deep exfoliation with no peeling agents or rough abrasives
- Have rough, dry skin
- Are concerned about peach fuzz causing an oily buildup that makes their skin appear dull
- Use anti-aging compounds and other skincare products since these can permeate the skin and work more efficiently after dermaplaning
- Want to prepare their skin for chemical peels, microneedling, or laser treatments
- Have areas of hyperpigmentation like sun spots or melasma
A dermaplaning facial treatment is not recommended while you are experiencing an active acne breakout, but you can safely receive the procedure as soon as the breakout has cleared.
Additionally, you should postpone treatment for at least a week after having Botox injections or dermal fillers.
Many patients come to us with misconceptions and uncertainty about what to expect during and after dermaplaning sessions. To ease these concerns and prepare you for your session, consider the following facts about this safe and effective smoothing treatment:
- The fine vellus hair that this treatment removes will not regrow thicker or darker, despite rumors to the contrary. Instead, it will regrow at the same rate, with the same fine texture and color as before the treatment.
- It works on any skin type and color.
- Sun exposure can be dangerous after this treatment because it may cause hyperpigmentation.
- Although sessions may be held as few as two weeks apart, most patients need repeat treatments only once per month.
- The procedure may be combined with other treatments, allowing anti-aging compounds to penetrate the skin deeply.
- Treatments are not painful since the abrasion does not penetrate beneath the top layer of skin.
What Happens During a Dermaplaning Procedure?
In a quick, chemical-free procedure, one of our experienced board-certified practitioners begins by cleansing and drying your skin. Then, you can relax as we reveal your skin’s radiance with precise, feather-light strokes that gently rub the surface of your skin.
Following your dermaplaning treatment, we will apply a deeply hydrating moisturizer, accompanied by a clinical-strength sunscreen to protect it from sun damage.
If you wish to combine this treatment with another, we will prepare your skin to receive another procedure. Your skin will be well-primed to absorb other products.
What Are the Side Effects of Dermaplaning?
Since dermaplaning works only on the surface of your skin, there is minimal risk and few side effects. Additionally, any unintended results are usually temporary, clearing up within hours or a couple of days at the most. These minor potential side effects include:
- Development of whiteheads
- Irregular skin pigmentation, which you can avoid by minimizing sun exposure after your treatment
- Slight peeling
What Should I Expect During Recovery?
Dermaplaning treatment is fast and easy and involves little discomfort or downtime. Also, you will not need recovery time. In fact, when your procedure is finished, your clinician will gently spread a deeply hydrating moisturizer onto your skin, followed by a clinical-strength protective sunscreen that will allow you to continue your day as usual.
You’ll need to follow all post-treatment instructions we may give you so that you’ll be as comfortable as possible and get the most from the treatment. For example, you should avoid the following in the days and weeks after your dermaplaning session:
- Sun exposure
- Excessive heat
- Contact with chlorine
- Rubbing or scratching
Dermaplaning treatment speeds up the rate of cellular turnover, adding a noticeable radiance and smoothness to the texture of your skin. Oil and skincare products tend to cling to fine vellus hair, so once that hair is gone, you will see a distinct illuminating effect that will make you look younger.
You’ll notice your skin glowing right away because the dead skin cells and dulling peach fuzz will be eliminated. Unfortunately, vellum hair generally regrows in about a month, so you’ll need to return for repeat treatments to maintain your results.
The Best Los Angeles Area Dermaplane Clinic
To learn more about dermaplane treatment in Encino, CA, contact Glow Aesthetic Center today! We will speak with you about your skin problems and goals, then create a custom strategy including the skin treatments that best meet your needs.
Request a consultation now by calling us or clicking on Book an Appointment at the top of your screen.