One of the medical and cosmetic treatments that are quickly growing in popularity is PRP, or platelet-rich plasma. PRP treatments take the patient’s own blood, separate the plasma, and reinject it back into the patient. This results in a high concentration of platelets in the blood, which are cell fragments forged in our bone marrow that play a significant role in blood-clotting and wound-healing processes. In other words, PRP treatments boost your body’s natural healing process without the need for surgery or foreign substances.
PRP is becoming a go-to treatment option for professional athletes who have suffered from significant injuries like:
- Tendon tears or strains
- Muscle injuries
- Wounds on the skin
- Joint problems
However, it is quickly gaining traction as a cosmetic treatment as well. Since platelets improve cell health and boost the body’s healing process, they can be used to create faster, longer-lasting microneedling results. They can also be used to help heal damaged hair follicles, leading to hair recovery for clients who have suffered hair loss.
At Glow Aesthetic Center, we provide PRP treatments to clients in Tarzana and beyond. If you’re ready to talk about the treatment plan that’s right for you, schedule a consultation with our medical team today. You can reach us by filling out the form on our contact page or by calling our office at (818) 905-8815.
How PRP Works
When you come in for your first platelet-rich plasma treatment, the team at Glow will start by drawing your blood. Then, we use a sterile centrifuge to separate out the plasma from the red and white blood cells.
Plasma is actually the most prominent part of your blood, making up 55% of its overall volume. It’s the liquid portion of your blood, made up of 90% water, and acts as the transport vessel for all the red and white blood cells, platelets, and other proteins in your blood. The plasma in your body helps the blood clotting process, but it also helps stave off disease and performs a wide variety of other crucial functions.
Once we separate the plasma from the blood cells, that plasma is now made up of an abundance of platelets. We reinject this platelet-rich plasma back into the target area, and that’s the end of your treatment! Your body does the rest, using the abundance of platelets to heal at a faster rate than usual.
Cosmetic Uses of PRP
Even if you aren’t injured, you can make use of PRP treatments for aesthetic or cosmetic reasons. The most common treatments performed at Glow Aesthetic Center are hair restoration and a combination of microneedling and PRP.
- Hair Restoration: given that platelets help heal cells in our body, PRP injected into the scalp can restore function to damaged hair follicles. This has produced significant results for clients who suffer from hair loss or thinning.
- Microneedling + PRP: microneedling involves puncturing the skin with a painless, microscopic needle in order to activate the production of collagen and reduce wrinkles. PRP helps you heal quickly from this process and boosts collagen production speed.
To learn more about our Services with a serving Tarzana, call 818-905-8815
Who Is Right for PRP Treatments
You don’t have to be a professional athlete, or even an amateur one, to benefit from PRP treatments. In addition to clients looking to get rid of wrinkles or restore hair loss, the treatment can help people who suffer from chronic pain, arthritis, and injuries to joints, ligaments, muscles, or tendons.
When you come in for your consultation with the team at Glow Aesthetic Center, we will go over the details of your specific goals and craft a plan that is unique to you, your body, and your needs.
How to Prepare for Your PRP Session
Before you come in for your first session, it’s important to properly prepare. There are several steps we advise all our clients to take, and there may be additional tips we give based on your specific goals.
- No Blood Thinners. Avoid using medications, supplements, or other products that have blood-thinning properties. This includes ibuprofen, aspirin, and even some supplements that contain Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Water and Food. Be sure to come to your appointment on a full stomach and fully hydrated. This is because drawing blood can lead to clients becoming lightheaded, and having food and water in your system helps avoid that.
- Disclosure. Make sure to let our team know about any medical condition you have that might affect the PRP treatment. That includes serious issues like cancer as well as anemia, abnormal platelet count or function, and any current infection.
Near Me 818-905-8815
Book a PRP Treatment Consultation Today
You can book an appointment with our team by clicking the Book an Appointment button on our website. We’re also available by phone at (818) 905-8815 or through our contact page online.
The medical team at Glow Aesthetic Center, led by Dr. Homan Siman, has been using PRP treatments for years. We know the proper methods to use in order to achieve the health and beauty results you’re looking for. If you suffer an injury and need to heal quickly, are dealing with constant pain, or are looking for a way to improve your look, PRP might be the treatment you need.
Schedule your appointment today and our team will meet with you, answer your PRP questions, discuss your goals, and create a treatment plan designed specifically for you!
Call 818-905-8815 or complete a free case evaluation form