We all experience weight gain and skin changes as we age, and one of the more noticeable areas where this happens is the chin. Thankfully, there is something we can do about it. Our board-certified practitioners are ready to provide Kybella treatments in Woodland Hills for your double chin.
Kybella is the only non-surgical injectable technique that targets fat underneath your chin. Treatments include several deoxycholic acid injections to target fat cells, minimizing the appearance of a double chin. Your journey to looking and feeling your best begins now!
What Is Kybella?
Kybella is an injectable double chin reduction procedure approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2015. No incisions are needed, and there is little downtime.
Following your injection, the deoxycholic acid works by breaking down fat tissue to give you a younger, leaner look.
Who Is an Ideal Candidate for Kybella Treatment?
Ideal candidates for Woodland Hills Kybella treatments are adults 18 years and older with modest to severe layers of fat under the chin. You may not be a good match if you:
- Have trouble swallowing
- Are nursing or pregnant
- Have had or are planning to undergo facial surgery
- Have a medical condition or an infection near or in the prospective injection site
Woodland Hills Kybella Treatment Near Me 818-905-8815
How Does Kybella Work?
Kybella treatments use a synthetic form of bile acid found naturally in our bodies called deoxycholic acid. Several injections of this material break down and absorb dietary fat molecules, which are metabolized and excreted from your body gradually over several weeks.
Prior to your procedure, your aesthetician will mark the injection locations on your skin with a marker and may apply a numbing agent to ease discomfort or pain.
The number of treatment sessions vary depending on your age, health, beauty goals, and body type. To reach optimal results, you may need several treatments.
You can expect to receive up to six Kybella treatments with at least four to six weeks between sessions. Once your first injections are administered, we will schedule your next session.
Risks and Side Effects of Kybella
Even though our Woodland Hills Kybella procedure is minimally invasive, typical side effects include:
Downtime varies among patients; however, the recovery process is usually minimal. Minor side effects often go away within one or two weeks. Discuss any post-treatment side effects or discomfort with your healthcare provider.
Injection-site bruising and swelling following treatments may peak a few days after treatments but usually ease up within a few weeks. To minimize swelling, talk to your doctor, who may suggest:
- Using ice packs following treatment
- Massaging your face gently
- Consuming an over-the-counter antihistamine before your session
- Taking over-the-counter pain relievers to reduce swelling and pain
- A gentle massage of the face (if tolerable)
- Administering a warm compress over the area
If the swelling is severe, you will have to stop treatments until your symptoms clear up.
Book an Appointment with a Beauty Aesthetician now
Kybella Treatment Advantages
There are a lot of treatment options to choose from when it comes to cosmetic procedures. However, for eliminating submental fat (double chin), there aren’t many treatments that compare to Kybella.
It’s a great option when compared to a neck lift or other traditional techniques. Advantages include:
- No surgery required: Because Kybella is non-invasive, it does not require surgery or general anesthesia. There are no surgery-related risks.
- Fast treatments: The precise number of injections you will require will vary, yet generally, your treatments should take less than 30 minutes.
- Quick recovery: When compared to surgery which can take weeks of recovery time, a Kybella treatment typically takes three to seven days for a full recovery.
- Lasting results: Kybella is a solution that dramatically improves your chin appearance and is long-lasting. After the deoxycholic acid destroys the fat in your submental area, those cells can no longer store fat. As long as you don’t gain excessive weight following your treatments, your results should last for several years.
- Excellent results: If you’re looking to redefine your jawline and eliminate extra fat beneath your chin, Kybella treatments are ideal for you and should give you outstanding results.
- Lower cost: A significant advantage to Kybella treatment is that it will only cost you a fraction of what surgical procedures cost and delivers similar results.
Contact Glow Aesthetic Center for Your Free Kybella Consultation
If you’ve been diligently exercising, eating a healthy diet, and still can’t seem to lose that extra chin fat, Kybella treatment in Woodland Hills is for you. Surgical treatments are painful and can take weeks to heal from them.
Achieve lasting results with a Kybella treatment plan tailored to your body and beauty goals. Glow Aesthetic Center is a tranquil spa environment helping San Fernando Valley residents look and feel their very best. Fill out our contact form or call us for your free consultation today!