ThermiVa is a safe treatment at any stage in your menstrual cycle. While it is possible to undergo a ThermiVa session during your period, Glow Aesthetic Center suggests that you reschedule if you are experiencing your period at the time of your treatment. This is primarily for your own comfort.
This form of vaginal rejuvenation uses a specially-designed wand to deliver radio waves into your skin and tissues, stimulating collagen production. Regardless of whether you are on your period or not, you’ll need to make sure that the area is clean, dry, and devoid of any makeup or lotions.
Why You Should Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation
Women of all ages can benefit from vaginal rejuvenation procedures. These include:
- Reduced laxity
- Reduced incontinence due to stress
- Increased sexual satisfaction
- Increased lubrication
- Increased sex drive
All of these issues can be caused by a variety of factors, including stress, damage due to childbirth or intercourse, the aging process, hormonal changes, and more. By exciting collagen fibers in your body’s connective tissues, ThermiVa helps to improve firmness and tightness without the need for invasive surgery or hormone therapy.
ThermiVa Is Safe
There is no risk involved in a vaginal rejuvenation treatment at Glow Aesthetic Center. We use disposable electrodes to prevent the spread of bacteria, keep a sterile environment, and carefully observe proper hygienic practices.
Since ThermiVa is non-invasive, there is no risk of:
- Burns or blisters
- Skin damage, such as punctures
The radio waves do not alter your hormone balance, nor do they result in a change in your menses.
There Is No Downtime
Some aesthetic procedures or vaginal rejuvenation treatments can be invasive, require anesthetics to reduce pain, or otherwise incapacitate you for extended periods of time. ThermiVa sessions only last about 30-45 minutes, are painless and don’t necessitate any downtime whatsoever.
You can come in for your treatment, drive yourself home, and continue about your business as usual. For the modern, working woman, that’s invaluable.
Who Can Get ThermiVa Treatments?
Glow Aesthetic Center offers ThermiVa to women of all ages. If you are at least 18 years old, you can undergo a vaginal rejuvenation session at your comfort level. Whether you are currently on your period or have even experienced menopause, you can still get ThermiVa treatments.
How to Prepare for Your Session
Before your first ThermiVa treatment, it’s important to take a few steps to ensure the best results and ultimate comfort.
- Hydrate. Make sure you drink plenty of water before your session.
- Inform your practitioner. If you have any significant medical conditions, including an implanted intrauterine device (IUD), an electrical device like a pacemaker, any metal implant, or an infection, please let us know.
- Remove adornments. Take out any piercings or jewelry in the area, and be sure to refrain from using lotions or moisturizers. We need the area to be clean and dry so that we can attach the electrodes appropriately.
- Shave. Finally, make sure to shave before coming in. This is so that the practitioner has a clear view of the treatment area. Also, if you regularly get laser hair removal or waxing services, schedule your ThermiVa session at least a week afterward to avoid irritation.
Schedule Your Consultation with Glow Aesthetic Center Today
Ready to discuss the merits of vaginal rejuvenation? Head on over to our Book an Appointment page to schedule your initial consultation. Our medical team will meet with you and devise a unique treatment plan specifically for your body’s needs and your beauty and health goals.
Call our office at (818) 905-8815.