Aging causes all kinds of complications, including changes to our bodies that can lower confidence and self-esteem. One of the most common problems experienced by women, starting in our thirties, is the development of wrinkles and lines across the face. There’s nothing wrong with wearing your wrinkles with pride, but many of us find that we don’t like the way we look with crow’s feet, smile lines, and other age markers. That’s where Botox comes in. At Glow Aesthetic Center, we provide Botox treatments to clients in Encino to help get rid of unsightly wrinkles and restore confidence. It’s important to be able to look in the mirror and enjoy your own beauty rather than picking out flaws that make you feel less beautiful than you truly are. Below, you can learn more about how Botox treatments work, what they’re used for, how safe they are, and exactly how the process works at Glow Aesthetic Center. Interested in getting rid of those lines and wrinkles? Schedule your appointment with Dr. Homan Siman today by filling out our online form or calling us at (818) 905-8815.
What Botox Is
Let’s face it. You’ve almost certainly heard about Botox before. But what exactly is it, and how does it work? You might not know the answer to these important questions. Botox was the first drug in what has become an army of drugs that use botulinum toxin (specifically, Botox uses onobotulinumtoxinA). The Mayo Clinic lists a host of treatment options that have descended from Botox, including:
- Dysport (which uses abobotulinumtoxinA)
- Myobloc (which uses rimabotulinumtoxinB)
- Xeomin (which uses incobotulinumtoxinA)
Botulinum toxin is created by the microbe that is responsible for botulism, but don’t let that scare you! Essentially, the toxin causes muscle paralysis by preventing your nerves from releasing the chemical acetylcholine, making it ideal for the smoothing of wrinkles. Instead of resulting in food poisoning like botulism, Botox as a medical product is designed to prevent facial muscles from contracting. This creates a smoother, wrinkle-free look.
Other Medical Uses of Botox
Did you know that Botox isn’t just a cosmetic tool? It’s also used as a treatment for a variety of illnesses and injuries. The following examples represent just a small glimpse into the conditions that can be alleviated with the use of Botox.
- Cervical Dystonia: A rare neurological disorder, cervical dystonia causes the muscles in the neck to contract without the sufferer’s intent. This leads to significant pain and the neck becoming stuck in uncomfortable positions. Botox can help sufferers by paralyzing the muscles in the neck and preventing contraction.
- Chronic Migraines: Migraines are excessively painful and debilitating headaches that sometimes occur frequently in sufferers for unknown reasons. While there is no set “cure” for migraines, Botox injections have had some success alleviating pain.
- Hyperhidrosis: Sufferers of hyperhidrosis sweat excessively even in cool temperatures and when they have not been active. Injections of Botox suppress the chemical in the body that causes us to sweat, relieving the suffering of hyperhidrosis patients when injected (virtually painlessly) into the underarm.
Our Encino Botox Treatments at
Glow Aesthetic Center
At Glow, we inject Botox into your wrinkles and facial lines while you relax at our luxurious Encino aesthetic center. It’s a simple procedure that targets the specific areas of your face that you’d like to smooth out, and it requires little to no recovery time. We do recommend that you reschedule any social events immediately after your treatment, just to ensure that you feel perfectly recovered before you exert yourself. Other recommendations include avoiding caffeine the day of your appointment, eating a healthy snack right before the treatment (as this can help prevent any lightheadedness if you are prone to such a reaction at the sight of needles), and avoiding alcoholic beverages for a full 24 hours prior to your session (alcohol thins the blood and can lead to complications in some instances).
Safety Is a Top Priority
At Glow Aesthetic Center, we are all about improving your self-image, increasing your confidence, and boosting your morale. But it’s not worth risking your health and safety for any of those things. That’s why we treat safety as our topmost priority. Botox is a perfectly safe treatment used by many clinics across the world. However, as with any medical treatment, there is always a small chance for complications. Risks include:
- Drooping eyelids
- Pain or swelling at the site of your Botox injection
- Minor bruising
- Spreading of the toxin to other areas of the body (extraordinarily rare!)
In the day or so following your Botox treatment, we ask that you do not take aspirin for any headaches or injection site pain that arises. Over-the-counter medication is okay, but aspirin works by thinning your blood, which is not recommended. Finally, Botox treatments should NOT be administered to you if you:
- Are allergic to cow’s milk protein
- Are pregnant
- Are a nursing mother
Schedule Your Botox Treatment in
Ready to smooth out those age lines, crow’s feet, and facial wrinkles? Need to prevent existing wrinkles and lines from becoming deeper? Botox may be the solution for you. Book an appointment with the medical professionals at Glow Aesthetic Center today so that we can discuss the areas you want to improve, possible solutions, and schedule your treatment session. At Glow Aesthetic Center, you’re in good hands. Call (818) 905-8815 or fill out the form on our Contact or Book an Appointment pages to schedule a consultation. With our Botox injections, you won’t need to worry about wrinkles for at least another three months!